The „Operational cooperation for fighting sexual exploitation committed by Hungarian-based organized crime groups in Europe” project, coordinated by the Riot Police National Bureau of Investigation was closed on 31 of May 2016. The 29 months long project was financially supported by the „Prevention of and Fight against Crime” programme of the European Union and implemented by the Hungarian Police, the Dutch Police, the Austrian Police and the Europol.
During the implementation of the project the following activities were realized:
- setting up of joint investigation teams;
- providing opportunity for 9 investigators to spend 2 months in The Hague at the Europol Headquarters;
- implementation of 10 joint actions between Austria and Hungary;
- initiation of 3 criminal proceedings;
- organization of 5 coordination meetings for the project management;
- organization of 1 victim protection workshop for Austrian and Hungarian experts;
- organization of 1 conference focusing on the identification of third country national human trafficking victims;
- organization of 1 training for managers in The Hague at the Europol Headquarters.
The project has far exceeded the expectations because the successful activities were implemented at a practical law enforcement level.